Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

tips for board exam(especially Civil engineering)

erwin012781

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Mga Kasymbianize,here are few tricks that i used before i take my board exam,i just read it from a previous blogs and im very thankful for it.Just try it and maybe it will be a big help for you....

1) Pictographic Memory - this will work quite well. Ok, dami mong formulas at dami mong mga figures, basa and memorize ka naman. Mas effective kung isulat mo yung lahat ng formulas sa paper, using different colored ink for legend or palatandaan, ganon din yung mga drawings or figures. Don't write the solution to the figures but just write the answer below it, using colored ink. Now, you are ready. Idikit mo yung mga papers sa ceiling, mirror, dining room, anywhere you stay most of your time. Do not read them, just look at them. When you take the board, when you need to recall a formula, you just think of color and you will recall a full batch of formulas related to the problem you are solving. If you happen to recognize a drawing/figure, you already know the answer to that. If they changed the values in the figure/drawing, you can still relate the answer to the choices available. This really will save you a lot of time.

2) Calculator - your weapon. Buy the best calculator you can get, but make sure the model is allowed to be used in the board. Make sure you are very familiar with your calculator. Yes, you study the calculator's manual. You cannot use your weapon if you do not know how to weild it. Spending a couple of thousand pesos on a calculator is such a cheap price to pay to enable you to improve your chances to pass the board.

3) Distractions - Music, videos, games, etc. Yes it is nice to listen to music while you review but I'd rather you not listen to music while you go through your notes. Listen to music, watch videos, play your games... after you have been satisfied, put them down and pick up your review materials. You are already in the mood so getting grips with your review materials will be easy.

4) Write and Listen - When you take your review, pay attention to your reviewer. He/she will be writing so many things in front of you. Do not do your writing while he/she speaks. A lot of the important stuff he/she will just say and not write so if you missed them, they're gone. Write important things you heard your reviewer say. Your review center will provide you with print-outs anyway so you will still end up with a lot of notes. Write down whatever your reviewer wrote, but write only the diagrams/problems and the answer. Do not write the solution. If you listened to him/her, you can re-solve the problem at home and test if you are ready for such problems in the board. You have written down the answer so you can check. This is much better than memorizing the solution.

5) Memory - "My memory just went blank", you heard these words before. Why will your memory go blank? Nervous? Why are you nervous? If you trust the education you got from Mapua and the enhancements you got from your review center, why be nervous? Enjoy the moment. The feelings you have when you are taking the board will be the same feelings when you first apply for a job. If you feel nervous when you are sitting there taking the board, in the future when you go and apply for a job you will be very nervous and that will spell disaster.

6) Cheating - You heard there are ways to cheat in the board exams. Do not do it. This is for your own honor and pride.

7) Food - they say "Eat a hearty meal before you take the board." I say, eat light. Coffee and pandesal will do - not too much pandesal ok. Eat a bar of chocolate before you enter your examination room. The chocolate will not boost your brain. It is just intended so that you stay alert and awake. Sugar also makes you feel less hungry.

8) After the board exams - by all means do whatever you feel doing. Go out and enjoy. You have done what you can, there's nothing you can do more. Relax and just wait for the results. You had all those lessons thrwon at you in Mapua, and you received enhancements from your review center, and you have taken the time to commit and prepare for the board, there is nothing to worry about.

9) Getting your License - This is the fulcrum of your world - your license. You see? I told you that license is rightfully yours. All that you have so far are just preparations, armor, weapons for the "fun" task of job-hunting. Goodluck!!!

10) Nurses are for Engineers - A review professor told us, "Nurses are for Engineers. But, Engineers are for everybody." It's a joke, a sort of confidence booster. Pretty nurses in mind does boost your desire to pass the board even more.:thumbsup:

nice Thrend ts, im incoming 4th year CE student, :)

i like the take down all formulas in mirror! haha ok na ok yun ahh... ma try nga someday!

thanks! :)

sir, request lng po pede?
nakita ko po ung threand nyu regarding sa reviewer...
pede po ba pa copy?
eto po e-mail ko [email protected]

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

salamat sa TIP mu sir,,makakatulong to sakin para sa EE board this coming september:clap:

naalala ko tuloy ung nagattend kami ng seminar sa ECE,
N=urse
U=sually
R=reserve
S=pecially for
E=ngineers

hahahahah:clap:

Precisely,
Thanks for the Tips TS.
For me this is a Big tips for others engineering courses.

keep on sharing.:thumbsup:

TS dito ko na lang post sau,

mga ENgineers pwede gawan nyu ako ng sched?
pasok ko lang sa review TH,F,sat, hindi ko alam kung panu ko ioorganized ang oras ko pag walang pasok,,solo lang ako sa boardinghauz laptop lang kasama ko,tas mga reviewers,

HELP gusto ko maayus ang pagreview ko dapat daw may sarili akong sched,,sana ishare nyu sakin kung panu nyu inayus ung free time nyu?

salamat sa magbibigay ng sched sakin.

parang ten commandments for CE board takers ah...
hehehe

thanks dito ts, anung model nga pala ng calculator ang allow sa exam? :)

pede po ba makahingi ng reviewer for ce??magseself review lang kasi ako wala akong pangreview eh, im graduating this march, thanks papm po,tia this will help me so much

Sir Erwin,

Good Day po! Makisuyo naman po ako ng reviewer for CE kc ung cousin ko mag take po siya sa May 2013 ng Board Exam. Eto po ung email add ko: [email protected] Thank you po.

Kung gusto mo lang pumasa, Sundan mo lang kung ano pinapagawa ng review center,
alam nla kung pano ka maiorganize,
saka napag.aaralan nla ang trend ng exams,
wag ka na lumayo sa topic na binibigay nla, ang board exams kc, kumbaga sa level ng grade1,
1+1=2 lang yan, in short basics, 75% ng problems basic lang, masasagot mo, kung maayos kang ng.review, 25% deciding problems para sa gustong mg.top

1+(-1)=? d basta masasagot ng grade 1 yan, iT-twist ka lang ng konti sa board exams, kaya nyo yan

isa lang tip jan.. STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY STUDY EVERYTHING!!!.........................
:excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited::excited:

ilang araw n lang ggraduate na q sa course q na civil engineering.. pashare nman po jan ng review materials nio.. ito po email add q [email protected] thanks in advance

More pa boss!nkaka inspired mga post mo.sana dn pumasa ko pg ng take ako mlapit lapit n dn un 5th yr ce dtudt.

hope it help me!!!... i will be taking my review nah but kulang pa ako ng books... sinong author ng book mas madaling maintindihan para sa katulad ko nah average student??...

hope it help me!!!... i will be taking my review nah but kulang pa ako ng books... sinong author ng book mas madaling maintindihan para sa katulad ko nah average student??...

Hindi naman sa nagmamayabang ako pero nakatapos ako ng Civil Engineering sa UST at take one sa Board Exam na 3 book lang ang nabibili ko. (hindi kasama ung mga letseng literature book na required bilhin)

1. NSCP 2007
2. Gillesania Civil Engineer Handbook (di ko alam kung ito nga title pero eto ung maliit na libro ahaha)
3. Saka 2nd hand na review book ng Foundation Engineering.

Wala po yan sa libro. Nasa paraan po yan ng.

Paano idigest ang mga paraan sa pagsolve ng problem->Paano i-analize ang problem->Paano gamitin ang mga paraan sa pagsolve ng problem->Paano gumawa ng sariling paraan para masolve ang problem->at kung gaano kalakas ang passion mo sa napili mong kurso.

Nabuhay din pala ako sa photo copy. Mostly naman ng books like ung Foundation Engineering namin mas madami ang kwento kesa sa formula at example problems. Imagine bibilhin mo ang libro dahil sa papel nito at sa copyright? WTH? Kaya kung ano ung malimit na dinidiinan sa discussion ng prof namin ung ang pinapaphotocopy ko. Sabi nga ng nanay ko, bakit daw ganun reviewer ko hindi magkakasunod sunod.. ahaha

Saka mas maganda na tip kung gagamit ka ng reviewer books gaya nung besavilla i suggest na after mo mapalabas ung solution (without looking at the actual solution based sa libro) lagyan mo ng twist yung problem. halimbawa increase mo size or diameter nung bakal or dimensions. Or kung may reviewer books ka na na nabili takpan mo ung mga solutions. ang mangyayari kasi kalimitan susundan mo lang ung solution without even digesting it.
Useful ito sa mga reviewer books na kalimitang kinukuhanan ng proffesors ng midterms at final exams. may nawawala lang sa landas na pero un din un.

Useful din ang mga shortcut methods sa review center. RI dati ako pumasok. Tapos ung schedule mo piliin mo kung saan gising ang kaluluwa mo at buong pagkatao. Hindi dahil lang lahat ng classmates mo pangumagang schedule dun ka na din. Dati nangyari sa akin un nung review. pinasukan ko din umaga. pero inaantok pakiramdam ko kasi 2am na ako natutulog (nagoonline games ahaha) kaya nung refresher kahit nagpangumaga sila pinili ko talaga ang hapon na schedule. dun kasi gising ang diwa ko.

Pero ang pinakaultimate na payo na maiibigay ko sa mga future civil engineers..

"I-enjoy mo lang. Wag mo I-pressure ang sarili mo na makapasa kung puro stress lang ang binibigay sayo. Magliwaliw ka kung gusto mo. Kung pakiramdam ng katawan mo na wag mag-aral wag mo ipilit.

Pero sa huli wag mo din sabihin na hindi mo ginawa ang lahat kapag pumalpak ka."

Balance lang. Tamang time management lang ang kelangan at focus

Back
Top Bottom